Billiard Auctions Blog

Welcome to the Billiardauctions.com billiards, pool and snooker blog.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Talisman Cue Tips

I received my new cue the other day and I thought I'd give one of my Talisman tips a try on my new snooker cue. The first Talisman tips were developed in 1999 by Tony Jones, Tony had exprience in producing laminated tips before for other companies and could see a few improvements that could be made to make a better playing tip.

Talisman billiards accessories is a small company employing around 8 people, this gives greater care and attention to manufacturing and customer support. Tony personally answers every email sent to him, this type of customer support is rarely seen in this day and age.


So what did I think of the tip?
Well, fitting was easy, just the usual procedure. The tip I purchased was a soft tip as this is my preference. Since I play snooker and use a snooker cue I had to cut the tip down after gluing which can be a little time consuming. When I glued it on I decided to take it for a test run at my local club. By the time I had played a few shots I reaised that this tip was very good. Achieving spin was not a problem, infact I had to be careful so as not to add unintentional spin to my shots. The tip grips the cueball well and I really like the feedback that the tip produces. I really like this tip and believe that this is the best tip which I have tried so far, but as with all tips it is just a matter of preference for your style of play. I will be definately using these tips again. These tips are deffinately worth a look. Here is the link to the Talisman website:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home